Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

So I had a notebook experiment planned, and when it went terribly wrong, I decided to change course for today's post! Let's just say we won't be trying any milkshakes without ice cream anytime soon at our house. If you want to know more detail, email me and I'll dish the details.

I have been wanting to link up to Sandra for awhile now. She has such an inviting blog and so many mouth watering recipes and pictures that can make me hungry any time of day! So I'm going to post about food, just not the food I had planned initially. Instead, let's talk about pork, people!

I have a fantastic and super easy pulled pork recipe I've been making for years now. You know the kind of recipe you've been making long enough that you don't need the recipe, you just kind of know the motions? I love making a big batch of this, either to freeze or when I'm having guests. I made this for Sweetpea's first birthday party, and my mother in law asked where I'd bought it - high praise from her. I apologize I don't have a picture for you.

Without further delay, here is the recipe!

Pork loin, cut into pieces to fit into your slow cooker
Beef broth, enough to cover the meat (for me usually 3C will do)
BBQ sauce, if desired

Place pork loin into slow cooker, cover with beef broth. Cook on low heat 6-8 hours, until meat shreds easily. I usually set this to cook overnight so I can finish it the following morning.

Once pork shreds easily, shred it using 2 forks in a crosswise motion. Place your shredded pork into a casserole dish. Add some broth if you are not adding bbq sauce. If you're adding the sauce, do it now. Place the casserole dish in a 350 degree oven and cook for 30 minutes uncovered.

As I said above, I usually make this in big batches. I tend to put bbq sauce on some of it and serve the rest of it "plain" with mashed potatoes. For more crockpot recipes, head over to Sandra's!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, that sounds sooooo good.

Renee said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try this.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Good idea to cook it overnight. Pork must be tender and juicy.

Storytellin' Mama said...

Yum... I love my slow cooker it is the answer many days to feeding our large family!!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds delicious! And easy to boot!

Jess NBP said...

That sounds yummy!! I may have to try it I love pulled pork. What kind of broth do u use?