Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

September 7th is Grandparent's Day, my baby brother's birthday, and Sweetpea's half birthday - my little baby will be a year and a half old {{faints}}.


In honor of Grandparent's Day, I thought I'd tell you ten things (each) about my famous grandparents!


1. My grandma played in the first women's NCAA golf tournament

2. She lost to the eventual champion

3. She has been named a pioneer in women's sports by her Alma Mater

4. She played on the boys team for her high school

5. She still plays golf at 88, and there is a tournament in her honor every year

6. My grandpa is a fabulous craftsman

7. He has made several of the tables in my home, a corner cupboard in my mother's house, and the entertainment center in his home

8. He worked in a machine gun factory during the war, before he joined the Navy

9. After the Navy, he became an orthodontist

10. He surfs the Internet and emails his friends

11. He is a lifetime member of Rotary, and still regularly attends meetings

12. He tells a mean joke

13. He and his friends still get together and have lunch once a week

14. His hair is just starting to go gray, now that he's in his 90's

15. Growing up, people used to tell me my grandpa had fixed their teeth

16. Grandma still plays bridge with her girlfriends

17. She could look in one of her notebooks and tell you what she and Grandpa ate on vacation the year I was born

18. She is the most organized person I know (unfortunately I didn't inherit that trait)

19. She took me shopping once a month while I was in college and brought food over regularly - my roommates LOVED her for that

20. She is a fabulous knitter


Happy Grandparents Day, Mamaw and Papaw. I love you so much and am truly blessed to have you in my life!!


Happy GP's day to all you grandparents out there...what are you doing to celebrate?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

carrhop said...

Okay, I know I've told you this before but---they are the cutest.ever. As in, I want to post their picture on my bathroom mirror as a vision statement. Awesome!

Blessings!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I love your grandparents! They are wonderful! So sweet.