Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Organizing Tip Thursday - a place for everything

So much of staying organized and preventing clutter (at least in my house) comes down to having a place for things and making it easy to put things away. Toys were a big problem in our living room - Sweetpea's main play area - there wasn't enough storage and things always looked piled up and pushed aside. Sweetpea's GaSue asked what I wanted for Christmas this year, and I quickly pointed her in the direction of some nice shelves I'd been considering for storage! Now the toys can be neatly and easily put away at the end of each day. On the right side of the television, you can see the wonderful bookshelf my grandpa made for me that now holds Sweetpea's book collection. There are two canvas totes that keep smaller toys contained.

This isn't to say that our living room always looks like this, or that other toys or clutter doesn't make it's way in around the edges, but it has been so much easier to keep things tidy since these fabulous shelves arrived.

Thanks again, GaSue!

Do you have an organizing tip you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them, either as a linked blog post or in the comment section!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

The Rambler said...

Sigh...for now. My organization is those cute big baskets tub things. And only what goes in them is what we keep. If it can't fit in there, then it goes.

Now, the real question. Ask me how many I have? Wait, don't ask me :)

Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS day! Making the rounds to thank everyone! Wish me luck :)

xoxo~Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts

CC said...

Awesome job! We in theory have places for everything. I even label the bins. But they stay organized for about 2 hours. Grrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

I need to organize some rooms in my house. It's on my to do list. I just need to get on the "do" part...

Christina said...

Good post! My latest challenge is purging things from my master bedroom closet... all that stuff I say I'm going to fit back into, but will probably be out of style by the time I do! :-)

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Great storage- looks like they were made to go next to the TV stand (hard to achieve!)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I HAVE to get more organized!

Steph