Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Monday, May 4, 2009

Keeping it healthy when time is short

Last week's menu went pretty much according to plan, except for our stir fry and rangoons - we should get to those this week instead. This is another week of EmDee working late nearly every night, so I'm trying to keep it simple again. Here's what we're planning:

Monday: Spaghetti and garlic bread
Tuesday: Leftover burritos from last week
Wednesday: crock pot chicken roasted asparagus and stuffed smashed potatoes
Thursday: Beef stir fry and baked rangoons
Friday: Chicken empanadas and rice

What's on your menu? This week on OrgJunkie, Laura shares her strategy for choosing new recipes. Her criteria ensures recipes are perfect for relaxed or hectic weeks, and I love that concept. I tend to revert to tried and true favorites or meals that I've at least partially prepped and frozen when we are busy. When choosing new meals to try I go for quick and/or simple recipes that come recommended from a site I've had success with before - allrecipes, foodnetwork, orgjunkie, or Sandra's recipe blog to name a few.


How do you prepare for hectic weeks? How do you decide which new recipes to try? How often do you include new recipes in with the tried and true?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Marva said...

Sounds good! I try to use 2 new recipes once a month, no more than one a week and sometimes they don't make it that far......as you say it depends on how hectic the week/month will be.

Have a great day! Blessings!!!

Mimi said...

Oh man, I'll be there Wednesday and Friday! That sounds so good!

Thanks for dropping by my place...

Yeah, I have to plan breakfasts and lunches for me or I'll be at subway or wendy's or the barbecue place down the street every day!

HeatherPride said...

I have to say, this is the first week that I am truly a SAHM. I did plan 4 recipes for various times during the week. That means I actually printed them out and shopped for ingredients all in one trip! I don't recognize myself.

Amy said...

Yum! Your menu plan looks great. I do try to do one new recipe a week (at least) to add some variety to our diets. I am looking forward to lots of fresh fruit & veggies this summer and am working on trying new recipes for that.

Thanks for sharing your menu ideas!