Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Friday, November 14, 2008

Tis the season to be giving


Last week started a series highlighting opportunities to give and support those going through difficult times, special people who can use our help. I've mentioned that I'm hoping and planning for this Christmas to be full of tradition and handmade, heartfelt gifts. For those gifts that I'm not planning to make, I'd like my purchases to support something I believe in.

I heard about this book, and the story behind the book on Twitter. One of my twitter friends is a high school friend of Chris LaSalle - Chris's wife Margie has stage IV breast cancer. Chris and Margie have two beautiful children, ages 5 & 7. A friend of the family has written and illustrated a book (pictured above) inspired by and to benefit the LaSalles. Margie collaborated on the story, letting her children know that no matter where she is, she will be with them, Always and Everywhere.

My heart goes out to this family, and the least I can do is buy this beautiful book. I hope you will consider it as well. To read a bit more about the LaSalle's story and the book, follow this link. You can go here to buy the book.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Boy Mom said...

Great Idea! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh my gosh, what a beautiful way to let your kids know you are there even after you have gone. wow!