Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Funnies - details or big picture thinker?

photo by krossbow

I was at an ice cream and sandwich shop the other day for a late lunch when an older gentleman came up to me and said, "Hey, what do they make in that blue building at the corner down the street?" Kind of a random question, and it took me totally off guard. I had to ask him a second time what he said, just to be sure. It was already 1:30pm and I was a bit zoned out from hunger!

"You know, they knocked down the brick building that was attached to it already, what do they make in that blue building that is still standing?"

"Oh, that is company XYZ's thermal plant, I think they make HVAC units but I'm not positive. There is an engineering center there, too, for airbags."

"Airbags like the things that go off in cars, huh? How much do they pay?"

Not knowing what kind of job this guy was looking for, or why in the world he was asking me these questions, I tried giving him a vague answer

...luckily my to go order came up at that same time...

"I don't know how much they pay, but not as much as they used too, like a lot of places"

He thought that was funny and repeated me, "not as much as they used to - that's funny"

Hmmm...what I thought was funny, as I took my food and drove back to work, was that I have worked in a building for nine years and not realized it was blue! I guess I'm more of a big picture thinker, and not so much a details person, huh?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

hahaha, that sounds like something i would do...wait, the building is blue?

Anonymous said...

so funny!

I've never been a details person (except for maybe my photograpy).

I have to actually HIRE the details people to tell me where the details are!!