Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spaghetti Casserole

This recipe is a family classic - made for birthdays, taken to new mommies, sick relatives and potluck dinners. When I need a go to comfort food I can count on, this is my dish. Make a double batch and freeze some, because there is no doubt you'll be wanting more!!

Million $ Spaghetti Casserole

1lb ground beef (I often use ground turkey)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 8oz pkg cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
4oz sour cream (I use fat free)
8oz cottage cheese (I use low fat)
1 box spaghetti, cooked

Brown ground beef and drain grease. Add spaghetti sauce and set aside.
Mix cheeses and sour cream together, set aside. In a 9x13 casserole dish, place enough spaghetti to cover the bottom (approximately half of the cooked spaghetti). Cover spaghetti with all of the cheese mixture. Add another layer of pasta, then top with the meat and spaghetti sauce. Depending on how deep your casserole dish is, you may have some spaghetti and sauce left over. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. This casserole is even better the second day, after the cheese has set up and the flavors have blended, so I usually make it ahead of time. This dish freezes very well, and it is one of my go to batch cooking recipes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I'm trying this tonight--I'll let you know how it goes!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Yep, it was as good as you said it was... and even better the next day. (Running 20 tonight, so carbo loading...) Thanks for the recipe!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Deb! This recipe is one of our family's favorites, going back as far as I can remember!

Anonymous said...

does look awesome! I've bookmarked it!

Tonya said...

I got here from Deb and that sounds yummy and easy! Thanks :)

Unknown said...

I'll definitely have to try this out. My son has decided that spaghetti is his favorite thing in the world right now.