Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Monday, July 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Monday: Salad topped with grilled chicken, tomatoes and cottage cheese
Tuesday: Spaghetti with 93% lean turkey and tomato sauce
Wednesday: Grilled chicken pasta with fresh garden vegetables
Thursday: Pasta bake with turkey and tomato sauce (and pepperoni in half for EmDee)
Friday: Breakfast for dinner! Banana pancakes and eggs
Lunches: Tabouli
Breakfast: Fiber One peanut butter bar, 3/4C old fashioned oats with cranberries, blueberries, and walnuts

Last week’s menu was for the most part a success! This week is going to be a bit more hectic because we didn't get our weekend prep done due to EmDee’s work schedule. So, if it’s possible to make things even more straightforward than last week (??) then that’s my goal for this week. I’m making meat sauce for our pasta with 93% fat free ground turkey to go on our spaghetti one night and in the pasta bake later in the week. The pasta bake will have pepperoni added in part of it for the rest of the family, as well as extra cheese added to that section. We always have overripe bananas left at the end of the week, so I thought some banana pancakes would be a perfect solution! If your interested in my lunch, it’s the recipe I posted Sunday.

One thing I’m working toward for next week is specifically considering my weight loss goals when planning our dinners and my breakfast/lunch. EmDee is not a fan of my dieting if it affects his meals, so my goal is always to make the reduced fat and calories transparent to him. This is much easier in the summer in my opinion because of the variety of fresh produce available in our garden and the farmers markets in the area—more to follow next week on this topic.

For more great menu plans, check out http://orgjunkie.com/2008/07/menu-plan-monday-july-28th.html

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Banana Pancakes!!!! I'm so coming to your house for dinner! Looks great! Nice to meet ya! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Come on over, Tammy, we always have leftovers when we make pancakes. :) Nice to meet you too, take care and stop back when you can!