Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This week is going to be more hectic than usual, so while I'm planning a week of meals, but the day to day choosing of what to eat will more likely resemble a free for all...

Breakfasts: Oatmeal with fresh fruit
Lunches: Lean Cuisine (I still have a week's worth of meals I purchased at Kroger for $1.30 each!) and tomatoes and cottage cheese
Dinners: Grilled steak with baked potatoes, Hamburgers and oven fries, Pasta salad, Grilled Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, Leftovers (invent something tasty with leftovers from the grill)

I've been making this pasta salad every week for the past month or more, it is so quick and easy, and I just throw in added veggies as they become available from the garden.

16oz cooked pasta (I prefer rotini or bowtie)
1 package of microwavable steamed vegetable mix (I picked up 10 packages when they were 10 for 10 at Kroger, spring vegetable mix)
chopped vegetables from the garden (mostly bell peppers and tomatoes)
diced meat (my favorite is ham, but we have also used grilled chicken)
4-6 tablespoons of miracle whip
2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon basil (more if using fresh)
Mix, chill, enjoy! This salad takes me about 15 minutes from start to finish and it's a great way to get the family to eat more vegetables. In order to reduce the prep time, I have the pasta boiling and the frozen vegetables heating up in the microwave while I'm chopping the meat and fresh vegetables.

For more (better organized) menu plans, check out OrgJunkie

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

T with Honey said...

I like the 'invent something tasty with leftovers from the grill'. You'll have to let us know what you end up creating.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Once I got started tracking expenses I couldn't stop! It gets easier once it becomes a habit.

Your pasta salad sounds delicious! I'm going to add it to my "recipes to try" list (I've added quite a few from reading orgjunkies MPM list).

Have a wonderful week!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Twithhoney, I hope my invention is worth writing about, and not a dinner distaster! :) I will be sure to let you know.

Stephanie, thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy the new recipes and dinner ideas from MPM, as well as the new blogs I discover from the links! The pasta salad has become a favorite of our family, I hope you like it!