Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You're Invited

Many thanks to my sweet friend, Octamom for sending me the Arte Y Pico award yesterday! It's just lovely, darling, I'm putting it in a special spot on my mantle. I noticed many of the ladies I was going to pass this lovely award to have already received it at one time or another, so I thought I'd do something a bit different but in a similar spirit. I heard about this idea weeks ago from Velveteen Mind and have just been lazy getting around to it...So, without further adieu, I give you:

Problem Solvin' Mom's Barking Mad Dinner Party


According to the rules, I'm to invite 10 lovely bloggers that I would like to spend the evening getting to know better to my party. The idea is to get to know each other a bit better, and maybe hear about some blogs we're not so familiar with yet. I would love to stay up late chatting with all the ladies on the list below, and many more. Here are the 1o ladies I'm inviting and the reasons why, feel free to bring your friends!
1. Octamom - I love your style, humor, faith, photography...I would love to get to spend some time with you and maybe compare notes on our toddlers and cameras!
2. Amy @ Momadvice - Yours was the first blog I regularly followed. I love your ideas for crafts, home management, frugal hacks...I feel like we have a lot in common.
3. Megan @ Sortacrunchy - Another of the first blogs I followed, your post on commenting was what really got me participating rather than "lurking". I love your crunchy ideas, your writing style, your babywearing tips! I have missed you this summer during your move, and hope you are settled in soon and that all is well.
4. Megan @ Friedokra - I came to friedokra manor by way of sortacrunchy, and am so glad for it! Megan's writing makes me feel like I'm sitting at the kitchen table sipping some sweet tea chatting with an old friend. In addition, she was so sweet to give me advice and encouragement as I was starting my blog, all the while she was oh so pregnant and had many better things to do!
5. T @ Twithhoney - Mrs. Friedokra referred me to T because we have many things in common...both about the same age, engineer moms to little girls. I love T's wit, her writing style, her common sense approach to live, she speaks my language for sure!
6. Megan @ Velveteen Mind - So many Megans, I can see this getting confusing! Megan always cracks me up and I love how real she is.
7. Alli @ Mrs. Fussypants - I really didn't know about Fussy until I started tweeting (gasp, I know!). She is funny and sweet, and I'm intrigued by how she does so much with 5 little boys running around! While you're here...any tips on how to make this gig pay would be greatly appreciated ;) and yes, I'm now following Problogger!
8. Angie @ Babycheapskate/Blogcoach - Another early blog, I was introduced to your site during the superfab Target/Gerber Internet coupon craze last year. I love the weekly diaper deal posts and other tips you share with us, though if I'm not careful I spend more than I save!
9. Heather @ Freebies4mom - Love Heather's site and her friendly, down to earth personality. She has been a great help to me as I've gotten started blogging, and I'm so appreciative that she took the time to help little ol me ;)
10. Monica @ Livingbalanced - Monica and I started our blogs on the same day, isn't that funny?! The more I read her posts, the more I think we are a lot alike. I enjoy her ideas and straightforward informative writing style. I would love to spend some time trading ideas on blogging, healthy living and life balance!
So, ladies, come on over, let's chat awhile!! I realize I waited until almost the end of August to get my guest list in order, but if you'd like to play along, stop on by Barking Mad!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

carrhop said...

Hey Girl!

This looks like so much fun! I'm gonna get babies to bed and check in!

Thanks for the invite!!

Blessings!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I would LOVE to attend this party, too! If only we could get together this way!

Steph