Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gratitude


For several months now I have been listing the grace, the gifts in my life. I have been telling friends what a wonderful impact that recognizing and recording gratitude has had on my life, but I haven't taken the time to share. This weekend I got the little push I needed, and so here are a few of the wonderful gifts I have recorded.
*Early morning brilliance streaking pink, blue, purple across the sky, reflecting in neighbor's windows*
*Little head laid down on mommy's shoulder, calming, clinging, returning to sleep*
*Daughter dancing excitedly with her great grandfather, seeing the love in his eyes*
*The spice of clover in the hot afternoon air, the smell of freshly cut grass*
*The feel of summer rain, cooling, signalling at least a small reprieve from oppressive heat*
*The sound of new words being tried out on baby lips*
*The taste of tomato fresh from the vine like sunshine distilled*
*family -home - peace - love - contentment*
For information on the 1000 gifts, and words more poetic and moving than I could ever pen, check out Holy Experience and Ann's gift list .

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

carrhop said...

This is beautiful--and inspiring me to be more consistent in not only thinking about but putting words to the blessings all around me.

And of course, 4 of 8 would have me put 'angel kisses' on my list!--glad you liked the pic!

Blessings!