Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Monday, July 13, 2009

Menu planning and make ahead meals


This week I'm doing quite a bit of freezer cooking in preparation for baby, so I'm making double batches of several recipes with similar ingredients to make things simpler. I prepped most of the meat this weekend... Here's what's on the menu:

Monday: spaghetti and garlic bread with green salads
Tuesday: cheesy beef & rice casserole and corn cakes
Wednesday: spaghetti casserole and green beans
Thursday: leftovers - mix & match ground beef ;)
Friday: pumpkin berry pancakes and veggie scrambles

What's on your menu this week? I'd love any suggestions for good freezer meals - as I'm working to stock things up to simplify meals the first several weeks after baby is born! For more menu planning inspiration, visit OrgJunkie.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Martha said...

Good morning!

Thanks for stopping by to visit our Krazy Kitchen and checking out my MPM Steph.

Since you mentioned freezer meals here - your crock pot pulled pork freezes wonderfully! When I make it I usually stuff my crock pot to the limits! I make one pan plain and the other with BBQ - and what's easier than a container of BBQ to throw on some buns? Check out this post from a couple weeks ago for another really easy and really yummy way to serve it...
http://meandering-martha.blogspot.com/2009/06/stretch-you-food-dollar.html

Baked zitis and lasagnas freeze well as long as the macaroni is well undercooked so it doesn't turn into mush after baking. Chili does fine in the freezer too. Of course just having a bunch of bags of precooked ground beef and shredded chicken in the freezer with create some quick and easy meals too. Did you know rices freeze just fine too? That was one of my fairly recent discoveries!

Keep watching the Krazy Kitchen posts. My Simple Supper Saturday concentrates on super easy stuff!

Sorry, I wrote more of an entry here than a comment, LOL! :-)

Unknown said...

I have made a double batch of sloppy joe stuff in the crock pot, frozen half, and had it later. That worked good. That tater tot casserole is a good make ahead meal too. I did that right before I had my gall bladder out.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

So I have a ton of make ahead recipes so I think I will just e-mail you some of my favorites of you would like them.