Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fun fall family activities - say that five times fast!

I mentioned last week that I am committed to planning ahead for the holidays this year. I want us to have a fun, relaxed remainder of the year. There are lots of ideas swimming around in my head, but the time goes by so quickly.

I'm a list maker by nature, so writing down things I want to try comes naturally. I was surprised, however, how motivating it was this past summer to hang my summer list up on the refrigerator - that extra little visual reminder and the fun of checking each item off really helped us plan our activities well.

The success of the summer list spawned the Fall List, and the Christmas List is under construction too, ready to be unveiled next week! I have a little twist for the Christmas List I think you'll really like, so stay tuned...

Here are the things we are planning to celebrate fall:
What are you doing to plan activities for the fall and upcoming holidays? Do you think it's too early to start preparing?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! I may have to do something like that.

Elle Charlie said...

I have my nieces coming for a week for Thanksgiving, so we need to find some activities for them!

Momof3 said...

What do you do to "put the garden to bed"? I'm nedw to gardening so I could use some tips to make a great garden next year.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

We are planning on going to a Pumpkin Patch, as well as trying to make a homemade pumpkin pie from one of the lovely pumpkins that we pick out.

Stephanie Wetzel said...

I love the idea of a list posted somewhere prominent. I think I'll try this too!

Also, thanks for visiting my blog today!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Momof3,

Usually to "put the garden to bed" we pull out all of the plants, till the soil up and if we have access to some, add some manure from a friend's stable - sounds gross but makes great fertilizer. Some years she has some that is ready, sometimes she doesn't, but at least removing the plants and working the soil up a little gets things ready for the next year.

Thanks for asking!
Steph

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

OOLALA!! Pumpkin icecream. Okay, that just sounds awesome. Do you have a recipe?!
And, I think I may steal your idea of making a seasonal list like that. Great idea!

Jen said...

I love the idea of a fall list! AND I can't wait to hear how the pumpkin apple crisp turns out!

carrhop said...

Sounds like so much fun! We had pumpkin patches in one of our previous cities but have not had them in our last two locales--I miss that so much! That was always such a huge part of the season for my crew--we'll have to come up with some alternatives to celebrate the season!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Our town has a lot of trails that we walk. In the fall, we like to go out on a lantern walk and enjoy the trails in the darker evenings. Another fun thing is to shake the leaves off trees as they turn and see how many you can catch. Check out corn mazes done by local FFA kids, high school football games, high school musicals, go to the park in the dark of evening with a light-up frisbee, do the U-pick apples and nuts at local farms, look for church harvest festivals.