Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Funnies - Spooky edition

I like to think of myself as a safe driver. Does everyone think of themselves as a safe driver? I had a friend in college who finally admitted (after a few drinks) what had caused her recent car accident – a fly! I thought this was hilarious at the time.

The other day I was driving home minding the road when I saw something out of the corner of my eye…thinking nothing of it, I continued to drive through the construction of the major highway I take to and from work each day. Then that “something” started to creep toward my hand! I took a quick side long glance and tried unsuccessfully to squelch a shudder – there was a wolf spider strolling along my driver door panel {{gasp}}!

At this point the gears are turning double time in my head, I’m trying to keep my eyes on the road and steel quick glances toward said spider to make sure he isn’t about to jump on me. In my mind I’m wondering, “how many people wreck for just this reason each year, this is nuts!”

I roll down the window, but this spider has some grip. (okay, duh, I should know that from Spiderman, right?) He says glued in place. I open the sunroof to try and increase the circulation.

Did I mention I’m driving through a construction zone? With lots of twists, turns, and lane merges? Yeah – big fun.

The increased circulation does nothing for my little buddy, but it tears a coupon loose that had been stuck under my sun visor. Coupon goes fluttering to the back seat. Spider stays stuck to door panel.

I grab a random receipt and start planning how this flimsy piece of paper is going to scrape Mr. Spider off the door and out into the wild blue yonder.

OH NO! WHEREDIDSPIDEYGO?? Certainly he didn’t just get tired on me. I nudge the window up a bit, and there he is, now scaling my window…oh that is so much better!

I close the sunroof, mentally preparing for my scrape strategy, when, all of a sudden, he flies out the window. Whew! {{faints}}

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Too funny! I hate spiders too. My hubby keeps trying to convince me that some spiders are nice, but I'm not havin it! PS-I'm linking to you today.

Martha said...

Oh I almost had heart failure just reading this! It's one of my biggest fears! I'm so glad you were able to maintain control with that big ugly thing in your car! I would have wrecked for sure! ::shudder::

Monica said...

I'm so glad you made it safely and without making contact with that icky spider~

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

TOO FUNNY!
Spiders don't freak me out - had it been a snake I would have peed just reading this! LOL!

HEAD OVER TO MY BLOG TO PRINT OUT A PUMPKIN COLORING PAGE! SIMPLE AND EASY AND IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL CRAFTY! lol!