Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grateful for the sun on my face and the sound of the waves

We spent last week at the beach - chasing waves, building sandcastles and enjoying island life. It was Sugar Plum's first introduction, and I wasn't sure how she would like it, but she and the beach became fast friends. We quickly fell into a rhythm of lazy mornings leading us to the pool by about 9 and the beach by about 10. Then back to the pool for lunch and up to the room for naps. Back to the beach mid afternoon and then another dip in the pool...I tried my best to soak up every minute of enjoyment with my beach bummin' water bugs. And now I have my memories, kept clear with pictures and my gratitude journal. Here is a peak:






  • Seashells, sand castles, and salty girls
  • Watching Sugar Plum discover the surf for the first time, grasping, smacking, grinning
  • Sweetpea revels in the water, scratches in the sand, entertains herself for hours
  • Little legs pumping, arms swinging, catching up with daddy and reaching for his hand as we approach the dunes - pig tails flying in the breeze
  • My big girl is now willing to let me "do her hair" each day requesting either big girl hair (a french braid) a pony tail or "piggy tails". I.Love.It.
  • Baby beach greetings - outstretched hands straight into each other's mouths...hey have you tried this sand? Isn't it the best you've ever tasted?
  • The sound of the surf, the feel of the wind in my hair and the heat of the sun on my face...
  • Tiny hand prints made from sun screen on the sliding door out to the balcony

What are you grateful for this week?



June featured sponsors and affiliates:

the Vintage Pearl - beautiful hand stamped jewelry

Neptune Sprouts
- unique clothing for your little sprout

Earth Mama Angel Baby - gifts from the earth for your gift from heaven

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Marva said...

I loved your post! So glad you al got some relaxing family time! We love the beach too! We go to Orange Beach. Where did you visit?

Thankful for good doctors and great attitudes and healthy babies and a great job!

Blessings!