Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hot Chocolate and Snow Cones

We've been having a lot of each of these lately - hot chocolate after Sweetpea has been playing IN the snow, and snow cones when we don't want to go out but she still wants a "taste" of what's outside. I originally got the idea for making sno cone syrup from Skip to my Lou this past summer. Summer would be an ideal time for eating sno cones...but then when you have 2+ feet of the stuff in your yard, well that seems like a good enough time too, right?

I didn't have internet access at the time, so I tried to remember the recipe. I didn't get it exactly correct, but it's easy, cheap, and delicious, so I thought I'd share my version.

2 cups sugar
2 cups water
dissolve sugar in boiling water to make simple syrup.
add 1 packet of single drink mix flavoring (we used Hawaiian punch flavor) and stir to dissolve
cool before pouring over a cup of snow
Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Marva said...

yummy and frugal! Blessings!!!

Marva said...

just wonderig.........are u on facebook?

Michelle said...

Oooo good idea to make your own syrup. I wonder if you could use something other than a drink packet like umm juice squeezed from (un)frozen fruit or an extract or something. Hmmm...

And I so feel the need for hot chocolate right now. I could go curl up with it in bed and ahhhh!

Oooo! My word today is "ablog" - how perfect.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

SUCH a good idea! What a fun way to enjoy all the snow. Thanks for sharing this!