Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Quick Tip - cleaning stuck on food messes


If you have kids in the house, chances are you have your share of big messes! The best advice I've read about how to clean up a big mess was from simple mom - clean it right away. That makes sense, right? With most messes, I find cleaning as we go to be very effective. But what about when your baby is just as messy as the highchair you just fed her in? I find that my biggest messes usually involve me carrying someone covered in goo straight to the bathtub...leaving a trail behind me. For these occasions, I have another quick and easy trick.

Wet a towel and place it (still fairly wet) on top of your mess. Let the towel sit for just a few minutes, and then wipe clean. You will be surprised how effectively the towel loosens a stuck on mess. Clean up any remaining mess or disinfect if necessary and move on about your day!

Do you have any quick and easy cleaning tips? What do you do when the mess maker is just as messy as the area around her (or him!)?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Samuel Eldred said...

My wife usually use vinegar in cleaning hard to clean up messes. She told me it doesn't any odor at all. However, we opted to hire carpet cleaning professionals last week because we've been too busy. We inquired two of our favorite carpet cleaning companies such as carpet cleaning, Bloomingdale IL and carpet cleaning, Bolingbrook IL area service provider. So far, we've found their services in good quality and superb. Thanks for the fantastic post, Steph! Keep them coming!