Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

With the comments of a local radio host recently suggesting that women who nurse in public are exhibitionist, I thought I'd post my own example of just how discreet it can be. I think women should be free to nurse any way they want or need to in public. Nourishing our young ones isl in no way exhibitionist. I never use a cover, partly because I can't see what I'm doing, and partly because once my girls discovered their hands they would never leave them in place anyway. Even though I'm not "covered" I am always covered, because that's what makes me feel comfortable. If you're interested, I've written about nursing discreetly in public here.

Celebrating WBW at the state fair, nursing next to a real pro! Sugar Plum is glad she doesn't have that much competition...
Who's that pro I'm referring to?
Here she is! (her babies are a bit blurry, because they were so excited to be eating)

I have a few other posts planned for this week, if I can make the time. I hope so, because I'm excited about them!

This post was submitted for wordful wednesday and works for me wednesday

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Celia Emmons said...

Love this post! When my kids see nursing animals, they get so excited and say "look they eat their mommy's muh's, too!" (For some reason they refer to nursing like that?!)