Looking for something to do with your kids? Maybe some great recipes or crafts? How about home management, healthy and frugal living tips, or organization and work/life balance ideas?
Let me do the problem solvin' for you - click here to subscribe! _____________________________________________

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

{Dairy Free} Creamy Berry Sorbet


I love ice cream, but with Sugar Plum being milk protein intolerant, I can't eat dairy. This summer there have been plenty of wonderful homemade Popsicles to go around, but I still crave ice cream. My solution was to create this creamy berry sorbet - dairy free but deliciously creamy, it absolutely fulfills my ice cream cravings. I would recommend it to anyone with or without a dairy allergy!

We've had a banner year for berries (strawberries & blackberries) and this recipe has worked well with each combination I've tried. Here are some of our favorites so far:

Blackberry
Strawberry
Triple Berry (Blueberry, Strawberry, Blackberry)
Peach Strawberry
Strawberry Lime

And now to the super simple recipe:

Mix 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar to make a simple syrup. Add 2 cups of your choice of fruit, and cook the mixture until the fruit softens. Use a potato masher or immersion blender to mash/blend the mixture. Cool for a few hours and add 1 cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk. Mix well and follow the directions on your ice cream maker. Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: